The UNF Hunt Seat team competes on a collegiate level in Zone 5, Region 5 of the Intercollegiate Horse Show Association (IHSA). The team travels across Florida and SE Georgia to compete against the University of Florida, University of West Florida, Florida Gulf Coast University, Florida State University, University of Central Florida, University of Miami, and University of South Florida, University of Tampa, and Savannah College of Art and Design, to name a few.
Smoak Meadow Farm
- The team placed third out of seventeen schools in Region 5
- Individually, seven out of our ten Hunt Seat riders qualified for Regionals.
- Sophomore Leah Irwin qualified for Zone finals in Walk-Trot by placing first, junior Reily Rieker placed third in Open Fences and was fourth in the Caccione Cup standings for Region 5, and junior Anna Ghelerter was third in Walk-Trot.
- Sophomore Leah Irwin became the first UNFET member to qualify for IHSA Nationals by winning Walk-Trot at Zone finals. She placed 10th out of 16 at Nationals.
2014 - 2015 Season
- The team placed fourth out of fourteen schools in Region 5.
- Individually, four Hunt Seat riders qualified for Regionals.
- Sophomore Reily Rieker qualified for Zone finals in Open Flat by placing first and placed fifth in Open Fences, junior Kristen Fowler placed sixth in Novice Fences, sophomore Anna Habarth placed third in Novice Flat, and senior Hannah Davis placed fifth in Walk-Trot-Canter.